Flange pipe fittings are fittings used to connect the pipes to each other or to close the flow path at the end of the pipeline. In this article we will talk about the types of pipe flanges and how to buy them in bulk. So if you are interested in learning more about flanges, please join us.
Tips to know While buying flange fittings in bulk
Types of valves, pipes and devices are called together in the flange industry, which have many applications. Flanges are an example of a disk tool that is shaped like a disk and uses bolts to attach parts and is suitable for a variety of pressures.
This type of fitting is suitable for all transmission lines for any type of gas or liquid fluid and causes valves to connect to pipes. Flanges are classified into different types based on structure and appearance, body material and application.
Flanges are made of various materials. The best flanges are the ones that protect these joints against certain factors such as heat, corrosion, moisture and pressure.
Cast iron flanges, steel flanges and its alloys are some examples of pipe flange types.
2 pipe flanges, decorative pipe flanges, PVC square mounting flange and floor flange 1/2 are some of the types of flanges manufactured in different sizes and designs.
Flanges are very important connections in flow lines that can cause a lot of fluid transfer problems if not selected correctly. If you are planning to buy bulk flanges, consider the following:
- Buy from reputable brands. Because the major purchase of these famous companies makes the purchased goods genuine and well priced.
- You have to be careful about selecting the flange species and getting the kind you need.
- The size and size of the flange required must be correctly selected to fit the pipeline.
- Choose the appropriate thickness of the flange, because the thicker the flange, the more it will withstand the pressure.
- Since the holes on the flanges are able to withstand the pressure applied to them, it is important to know the number of holes and their diameters.
- The production of flanges must be in accordance with a set of international standards.
- You need to know the pressure class of these connections.
- You should be aware of the flange-forming material.
Wholesalers and suppliers of flange pipe fittings
A variety of flange pipe fittings can be made from wholesalers and suppliers. Buying from these major distribution centers has advantages such as buying genuine goods at reasonable prices.
Wholesale products can be purchased both at the factory and through sales sites.
Buying from the factory is very cheap because manufacturers do not pay for moving their goods to city centers. Of course, this type of shopping is much easier nowadays and for those who cannot or do not want to go to the factory site, they can make their way through the websites and channels that make major sales.
Wholesale shopping has many advantages. Some of the benefits of online shopping are as follows:
There is a huge variety of products and brands, and the choice is very varied; One can compare prices between different commodities and then, depending on the brand, type of product and budget, ordering goods;
Anywhere in Iran or anywhere in the world the shopping process can be done; Shopping is very easy and just a few clicks away. There is no need to go to the store to procure goods; It saves time and energy; Shipping costs are eliminated; other customers’ ideas about the product can be found.
What are the cheapest types of flange pipe fittings?
It may be a question for many flange buyers that: What are the cheapest types of flanges pipe fittings?
Before answering this question we need to know what parameters affect the price of the flanges and then answer that question.
Flanges are priced based on a variety of factors. Material, quality of manufacture, manufacturer’s brand, type of fitting, standard of manufacture, size, loading location, pressure class, how to use and many more are factors that determine the price of flanges.
Flat face flanges are among the cheapest type of flange pipe fittings.
Flange Pipe Fittings Information & Guide
Need help buying flange pipe fittings? Want to find out more about these connections?
Read this section for information and guidance on flange connections.
There are some things to consider when buying flanges. These tips are:
- The most important thing to make the right choice for the flange is to have the same flange and tube size. It should be noted that at no point do you use conversion to match the two.
- Since the welding method is used to attach the flange to the pipe, the pipe or other piping element must be the same as the flange. For example, a stainless steel tube cannot be welded with a carbon steel flange because the two sexes are different and one of the two sexes does not.
- According to the ANSI standard flanges are divided into different classes. These classes actually represent the tolerable temperature and pressure for the flange. The higher the class number, the higher the flange pressure and temperature tolerance.
- It is necessary to note the diameter of the holes and the center of the holes on the flange in order to connect the two flanges. As the class and size of the flange change, the holes on it will also be replaced (most at high sizes), and each class will have its own unique screw hole.
- Another important point is to choose the type of flange you need. Flanges have different types, each of which has its own application.
- When the fluid has a certain pressure, the flange must also have the same pressure so that the fluid does not have any problems if the fluid passes through.
- Before buying a flange and price query, consider different parameters such as grade and standard, brand, class, body material, structure and performance. Because the price of the flanges is determined based on these parameters.
- These specifications should be engraved on the flange: brand of flange manufacturer, pipe nominal size, bearing pressure (flange grade), flange surface shape which is the most important component of a flange, holes, flange constituents and number or the heat treatment code on the flange must be engraved on the flange.
- Flanges are widely used for maintenance because of their high flexibility, but since they are the most common source of leakage and fire in a plant, it is advisable not to use them during underground piping.
- We recommend purchasing the required flanges from reputable centers. Buying from well-known stores has advantages such as getting original goods, product warranty and after-sales service.
- Check the delivery times for it; a flange includes disc shaped pieces and bolts to connect to the pipe. Be sure to check these pieces after receiving the load.
- If you know nothing about flanges, it’s best to contact the experts.
What are different types of flanges?
Flanges can be divided into several types: based on ingredients, pressure temperature, flange type and connection methods.
Screw flanges, flat face flanges, blind flanges, threaded flanges, male and female flanges, surface flanges, edge flanges, neck flanges and weld flanges are some of these types of joints.
The pipe connection with screw flanges is very simple and fast.
On the surface flanges are the holes used to connect the pipes to each other. The flange is mounted on the pipe and welded in and out. Surface flanges are used in cases where pressure and temperature are low. These types of flanges are stored in large sizes and for large pipe joints.
Edge flanges have two components, one bent end and one free back flange. The lower base is attached to the tube and the back flange moves freely on the tube. The back flange can be made of different materials, usually carbon steel, to save money. This flange is used when frequent destruction is required and space is limited.
In face surface flanges, when coupling is done, the surface of the two flanges used should be smooth. The main use is when using two flanges for the system, or the water connections made by casting. Usually, cast iron or steel flanges that are used at low pressures are of this type.
As the name of the thread flange is known, the threads are worked inside these flanges. These flanges are suitable for use at higher pressures and temperatures.
Male and female flanges must be made in pairs. The surface of one flange has a protrusion and the other has a indentation. Depending on the position used, the indentation and protrusion surface are designed with specific proportions. The use of these type of flanges can be seen in the heat converter shell and flange cover.
Neck flanges are widely used. These types of flanges are used in high pressure and temperature applications. Neck flanges are very large and expensive compared to other types of flanges.
The blind flange is like a disk with a number of holes on it. These flanges are used to detach the piping system or terminate the pipeline. The blind flange is also used as a valve cover on ships.
Most used and popular sizes of flange pipe fittings
An international reference should be used to identify the flanges and their dimensions and sizes, because the flanges and their bolts need to be collated to know the size of the holes and their dimensions.
The ANSI standard, the DIN standard and the API standard are some of the dimensional standards of flanges.
According to the ANSI standard, steel flanges and their alloys are divided into classes 150, 300, 400, 600, 900, 1500 and 2500 which are the maximum pressure numbers in terms of PSI that the flanges can withstand at the maximum permissible temperature and generally have a working pressure of approx 2.4 times more than the numbers above.
In the DIN standard, the bearing pressure of the steel flanges and its alloys with PN is shown, indicating nominal pressure in BAR. The standard required for flanges according to PN is DIN 2527, which includes flanges with pressure of 10 bar, 16 bar, 20 bar and so on.
API standard flanges are more pressurized than ANSI group flanges and are classified into 2000, 3000, 5000, 10000 and 15000 classes.
The relationship between pressure and temperature for different sexes is specified in the above standard.
Flanges are widely used in many industries. Flanges are used to connect pipes to pressure vessels, compressors and pumps. They are used to change materials in pipes, to attach to valves and other equipment that needs repair. Flanges are generally used whenever the joints need to be removed.
It should be noted that the cost of this type of connection is much higher than that of welding but it is widely used because of the advantages mentioned.
Flange pipe fittings are made in various sizes. Flanges are generally manufactured from 1/2 inches to 5 inches.
Stainless Steel Flanges at Affordable Prices
Flanges are made of materials such as polyethylene, steel, cast iron and iron alloys.
Flanges have different types and are each made for a specific purpose. Depending on the type of material from which the flange is made, the joints and flanges are divided into carbon steel and stainless steel.
Stainless steel flanges are one of the most commonly used materials in piping, which is a reliable intermediary between pipes.
All kinds of stainless steel flanges can be purchased at affordable and economical prices from major selling sites.
Iron flanges are available in different pressure grades, in different sizes from 2 inches to 14 inches, with thicknesses ranging from 8 to 30 mm. These flanges are raw and plated and resistant to acid, base, corrosion and oxidation.
A manufacturer of all kinds of flange fittings for branding and topping must consider many parameters. Some of these factors are:
It must use high quality materials in the manufacture of flanges; it must be of high quality manufactured flanges; produce various types of products and flanges to satisfy its customers; In addition to the high quality of its products, also pay attention to their prices so they can compete with other companies; It must take into account both the domestic market and the issue of exporting and shipping its products to other countries;
Use new methods and advanced technologies to produce its products; It recognizes the need of the market and accordingly offers its goods.