A flange pipe fittings is an inner or outer edge whose purpose can be to increase strength, such as the I-Beam and T-shaped steel beams (I-Beam and T-Beam), or the purpose of which can be a way to connect two devices. Be different from each other, such as the flange of steam pipes or cylinders, or connect devices such as lenses to the camera, or other applications such as the train wagon flange. The train wheel flange prevents the train from deviating from the rail. Flange connection pipes can be easily connected or disconnected.
What are the types of flange pipe fittings?
as well as connecting valves to welded pipes. Flanges are often made of polyethylene, steel, iron or cast iron alloys. Flanges are divided into different classes depending on the type of material they fit according to the pressure they bear.
According to the standard Industrial Pipe Flange Fittings, the specifications of the flange, which include the following, must be engraved on the flange:
- Flange brand
- The nominal size of the pipe (the outer diameter of the pipe to which the flange will be welded)
- The amount of pressure tolerated by the flange (also called the flange class)
- Flange surface shape (Flange surface shape is the most important part of a flange)
- Holes (sometimes also referred to as wall thickness)
- Flange Ingredients (According to ASTM standard, this number indicates the specifications of the raw materials used to prepare the flange)
- The number or code for the heat treatment performed on the flange
In general, five types of polyethylene flanges are used in pipelines with butt welding, which are listed below:
- Weld Neck Flanges Ordinary and long type
- Slip-on Flanges
- Reducing Flanges
- Increaser Flanges
Manufacturing process of flange pipe fittings
Depending on the type of material, the flanges are divided into different classes according to the pressure they endure:
1- Pressure classification according to ANSI B16 standard. According to this standard, steel flanges and their alloys are classified into classes 150-300-400-600-600-900-1500-20000. These numbers are the maximum pressure in terms of PSI that the flanges can withstand the maximum allowable temperature and usually the operating pressure is about 2. Is equal to the above numbers.
2. Pressure classification according to ISO standard This standard shows the pressure tolerance of steel flanges and their alloys with PN, which indicates the nominal pressure in BAR. For example.
In this type of flange, the surface of one flange, which must be placed in front of the surface of another flange, is smooth. Cast iron or steel flanges, which are used at low pressures, are usually made of this type.
Raised face flanged Fittings In this type of flange, the surface of the flange that is placed in front of the other flange and placed on it is made more prominent than the general surface of the flange. According to the standard, the amount of protrusion in all sizes for classes 150 and 300 is 1.6mm and higher classes are 6.4mm.