Many companies today are active in the production and supply of various types of Pipe Fittings And Flanges. Prices of flange types are constantly changing due to price fluctuations and exchange rates. Buyers of flange can contact the sales department of different companies to inquire about the price. Also refer to the types of sites available on the internet for an introduction to flange types and descriptions of flange types. flanges are one of the connectors of pipes, valves and devices. Flanges are used in places where pipes, instrumentation, valves and other equipment are assembled for maintenance.
How many types of flanges are there?
There are many pipe flange types that use in industry and key types of flanges are the welding neck, long welding neck, slip-on, socket weld, lap joint, threaded and blind flanges. In addition to these standard flanges, some special ones exist, called Weldo flange/ Nipo flange and Elbo flange, swivel flange, expander/reducer flange, and orifice flange. key types of flanges are as below:
- Welding neck flange: A welding neck flange (“WN”) features a long tapered hub that can be welded with a pipe.
- Long welding neck flange: Long weld neck flanges (“LWN”) are similar to weld neck flanges, with the exception that the neck (tapered hub) is extended and acts like a boring extension.
- Slip-on flange: A slip-on flange is connected to the pipe or the fittings by two fillet welds, one executed inside and one outside the cavity of the flange.
The bore size of a slip-on flange is larger than the outside diameter of the connecting pipe, as the pipe has to slide inside the flange to be connected by the execution of a fillet weld.
- Socket weld flange: Socket weld flanges are connected to pipes using a single fillet weld executed on the outer side of the flange (different from the slip-on flange type that requires two welds).
- Lap joint flange: Lap joint flanges feature a flat face and are always used in conjunction with a stub end. Lap joint flanges resemble, in shape, slip-on flanges except for the radius at the crossing of the flange face and the bore to accommodate the flanged portion of the stub end. A lap joint flange slips over the pipe and seats on the back of the stub end and the two are kept together by the pressure of the bolts.
- Blind flange: Contrary to all the flange types seen above, blind flanges do not have a center hole, and are used to blind or seal a pipeline, a valve/pressure vessel and block the flow of the fluid. Blind flanges have to withstand remarkable mechanical stress due to the system pressure and the required bolting forces.
flange pipe fitting mentioned above are the most common flanges in the market.
How are flanges attached to pipes?
Flanges are used when the piping joint needs dismantling. These are used mainly at equipment’s, valves and specialties. In certain pipelines where maintenance is a regular feature, breakout flanges are provided at definite intervals. A flanged joint is composed of three separate and independent although interrelated components; the flanges, the gaskets and the bolting. Special controls are required in the selection and application of all these elements to attain a leak-proof joint. Non-identical
types of flanges should never be twisted. The main reason is that the
two surfaces do not fit, and there is no proper Gasket that matches
either of the two types. In addition to the usual applications mentioned for flanges, there are also flanges used to resize polyethylene pipelines. Therefore, two types of flange reduction or incremental flanges are also added to the categories of flange types. These flanges are often used in projects that require polyethylene pipe fittings of various sizes. In case the current disturbance is not significant, the reducing flange is used to quickly resize the line. But this type of pump should not be used for input and output.
How are flanges classified?
Flanges can be classified based on pipe attachment as below:
- Slip on :The Slip on type flanges are attached by welding inside as well as outside. These flanges are of forged construction.
- Socket Weld :The Socket Weld flanges are welded on one side only. These are used for small bore lines only.
- Screwed :The Screwed-on flanges are used on pipelines where welding cannot be carried out.
- Lap Joint :The Lap Joint flanges are used with stub ends. The stub ends are welded with pipes & flanges are kept loose over the same.
- Welding Neck :The Welding neck flanges are attached by butt welding to the pipe. These are used mainly for critical services where the weld joints need radio graphic inspection.
- Blind :The Blind flanges are used to close the ends which need to be reopened.
- Reducing :The reducing flanges are used to connect between larger and smaller sizes without using a reducer. In case of reducing flanges, the thickness of flange should be that of the higher diameter.
- Integral :Integral flanges are those, which are cast along with the piping
It is mentionable that there are different types of plastic pipe flange or copper brass fittings in the market that you can purchase as your needs.
Different uses of flanges and their prices
Flanges are tools and circular plates with holes around them and used for connection. Their main use is to connect the pipes to each other and to connect other parts, and other uses can be to change the direction and diameter of the pipes. there are different price of flange in the market base on its classification.
Shapes of flanges:
Flanges come in many forms, some common and others outdated. Old forms are generally ordered to attach to old equipment.
The various forms of flanges are:
- Flatbed (FF): Used primarily in Cast Iron flanges. In this type, the entire surface of the machine contact is flat.
- Up (RF): Most common and has a car-mounted surface that is equal to the Gasket contact surface.
- Tongue and groove (T&G): This type is also impractical. Flanges of this type must be in alignment. One has a raised ring (tongue) and the other has a machined indent that snaps together.
- Male & Female (M & f): This type is also impractical. Once the flanges have to be matched, one has a surface above the normal (male) and an indent (female) surface that snaps together.
Best pipe fittings manufacturers in europe
Nowadays there are many manufacturers in Europe that produce many types of pipe fitting, relevant piping fittings, forged fittings and flanges, special forgings, is intended for nuclear power plants, chemical and fertilizer plants, offshore platforms, thermoelectrical power stations, petrochemical plants and refinery. in most of these producer companies the quality assurance service acts in conformity to the ASME and ISO regulations and warrants an absolute conformity of the product to the contract requirements. these companies do not sell commodities but deliver you a package made of years of experience, high quality material, continuous production development, accurate cost control, assured quality and close customer service. as a whole we can say that best pipe fitting manufacturers in Europe have a long history of producing these products. some of these producer are in Germany, Austria, Spain, Netherlands and … .
Which flanges are better? Steel or Copper?
Steel is a metal alloy, whereas Copper occurs naturally, as one of the few metals that exists as an element in its natural form in the world. Steel consists of iron and varying amounts of carbon; on the other hand, copper is a chemical element with the symbol Cu, and atomic number 29. Steel alloy is made up of two or more elements, and it contains iron and carbon, or other metals. The difference between steel and copper is bacterial corrosion. Copper is resistant to corrosion in underground environments, and steel can rust. Copper will corrode in moist air, slowly, and darkens forming a layer of copper oxide. Steel, with more carbon and iron in it, will also rust in moist air. Copper is a high conductor, and very popular for thermal and electrical conductivity. Steel is also a good conductor, but copper’s conductivity is many times higher than steel.
Branded flanges and fittings and their export details
There are many branded flanges and fittings producer in the word that produce many type of these fittings for example Luda Industrial Co. Ltd. is 100% wholly owned by Luda Group with registered capital USD 15 millions. Factory area is about 70,000m sq. Luda Group was founded in 1977. Luda is a pioneer factory of Stainless Steel Flanges manufacturing. Luda is also one of the pioneer factories to export Asian made Flanges, Fittings, Valves and Pipes to overseas markets. Luda Flanges and Fittings R&D Centre and Laboratory have developed advanced Integrated Quality Management Systems.
Today many companies are active in the production of flanges and fittings that have a long history of producing such products. Some of these companies now have their own brand that in addition to domestic sales also exports their products abroad.
Bestselling flanges in global market
The flanges market will exceed a value of USD 6 billion by 2025, rising at a CAGR of 5.5%, according to a forecast analysis by Global Market Insights, Inc. Flanges are manufactured from a variety of raw materials including stainless steel, nickel alloy, carbon steel, alloy steel, etc. Stainless steel is the most preferred raw material with a share of approximately 45% of the total flanges market share in 2025. Carbon steel has around 2.1% carbon content by weight, and flanges made of these materials found their applications in petrochemicals, power generation, offshore oil drilling operations, sea water equipment, gas processing systems etc.
Asia Pacific and Europe are the most significant regions for flanges market share accounting for a share of around 50% and 20% respectively. The reason behind Asia Pacific seeking a high growth rate for flanges is its established steel industry. Easy availability of raw materials and large pipeline networks to cater the huge regional population will be key driving factors.
How to produce flanges in low prices?
Some manufacturing process is highly sophisticated and is divided into various departments supervised by experienced industry experts. these producer use only quality raw materials that are procured from only established and reliable vendors and have adopted rigorous quality control practices and procedures to ensure the production of only quality products matching industry standards and parameters.
Casting flange is a commonly used flange technology, which has the advantages of high production efficiency and low production cost, and is suitable for medium and low pressure pipelines. Forged pipes are recommended for pipes operating at high pressures. Manufacture of all kinds of flanges required in industries using steel and …. should produce Based on the required standards (…, ASTM, DIN, ANSI). The flanges are subdivided into different grades depending on the type of pressure tolerant material:
- Pressure rating according to standard 34, ANSI B16: Steel flanges classified as maximum PSI numbers that the flanges can withstand at the maximum permissible.
- Pressure rating according to ISO standard: in this standard bearing pressure of steel flanges and alloys It is indicated by PN, which indicates the nominal pressure in BAR. For example, PN1 means that the operating pressure of the flange is 1 BAR.
- Pressure ratings according to API standard (6A-6B-6BX): These flanges are more pressurized than ANSI group flanges and are classified in different grades.
Learn different types of pipe flanges used in piping
There are several types of flanges on the market today, each of which has its own applications and each of these flanges can be used in different parts of the pipes. People working in the piping or construction or plumbing industry should be familiar with the different types of flanges so that they can use each of these flanges when necessary and increase their efficiency. the second way to connect pipes after welding is to use flanges. Flanges are highly flexible for maintenance. Flanges connect the pipes to various equipment. Flanges are added from three components if regular maintenance is required in the factory operation. Separate and independent. These three components are gaskets, bolts and bolts. Special precautions must be taken to select and use these elements during precision plumbing. Flanges are the most common source of leakage and fires in a factory. Flanges are the most common source of leakage and fire in a factory. Different methods can be classified as follows:
- By types of connection
- Depending on the type of flange facing
- Based on pressure temperature rating
- Based on a variety of materials
The types of flanges can be described as follows: Screw flange, Welding flange, Surface flange, Edged flange, Neck flange and Blind flange