The leading consumer fittings in the industry vary according to the type of flange used. They are divided into categories of Welding neck, Blind core and Socket weld. the fittings are made of different materials such as stainless steel, carbon steel or iron, aluminum, galvanized, polyethylene, polypropylene, etc. depending on the type of pipeline used. The fittings on the market are sold in grades 10, 40, 80, 160 and also class 2000 and 3000, respectively, indicating the highest consumption in the categories. the most important joints used in industrial and home applications include tee pipe fitting, knee, conversion, cap and bush that they have the highest sales in the market.
What is tee pipe fitting?
Pipe Tee is a type of pipe fitting which is T-shaped having two outlets, at 90° to the connection to the main line. It is a short piece of pipe with a lateral outlet. Pipe Tee is used to connect pipelines with a pipe at a right angle with the line. Pipe Tees are widely used as pipe fittings. They are made of various materials and available in various sizes and finishes. you can refer to pipe fitting store and select your need from pipe fittings chart and purchase it.
to making branches in main pipe we use tee pipe fitting. there are internal gear in each way. tee pipe fitting are made and marketed in different types.
90 Degree tee pipe fitting (Direct tee pipe fitting): These tee pipe fitting are used to obtain a 90 degree branching of the main line.
Corner tee pipe fitting: These are used where all three branches are perpendicular to each other, such as the corner of a building.
tee pipe fitting of conversion: These tee pipe fitting are made and marketed in various sizes and modifications, such as:
- normal tee pipe fitting which are used to obtain smaller size of branch.
- tee pipe fitting of converting with a larger umbilicus that used to divide the water into two equal branches in two opposite directions.
- 45-degree tee pipe fitting is often used in sewage systems and is mostly made up of 2 inches in diameter.
What are the different and best types of fittings?
There are different type of tee fittings or types of pipe joints that we can name some of them as: Brass Flare x MIPS Adapter, Stainless Steel Bushing, PVC Cap, Chrome Coupler, Copper 90° Elbow, Black Iron Floor Flange, Chrome Pipe Nipple, Brass IPS Tee and … .
There are many types of plumbing pipes for residential or commercial buildings. plumbing pipes such as PEX, Copper and PVC are used normally depending on their application and the location in which they are installed. In addition there are some other plumbing pipe types such as black, galvanized and brass. Let’s see below the best application for the most common used plumbing pipes.
Stainless steel can look very neat but it is very expensive.Stainless steel pipe are used in areas subject to corrosion and near coastal areas. This type of pipe is available in both flexible and rigid and will need some special couplings to be attached to other types of pipes. Do not confuse stainless steel pipes with galvanized pipes. It is available in various sizes and lengths. also you can prepare your reducer pipe if you want.
How many types of tees are there?
The basic difference between the male and female branch tee is that while the male branch tee connect to a female NPT thread, the Female Branch tee connects fractional tubes to male NPT threads. These type of fittings come in inch and metric size tubing and are widely used in a number of industries. Pipe tee is used for distributing or collecting the fluid from the run pipe. It is a short piece of pipe with a 90-degree branch at center. There are some type of tee fitting in the market:
Straight Tee: In straight tee, the diameter of the branch is same as the diameter of the Run (Header) Pipe.
Reducing Tee: In reducing tee, diameter of the branch size is smaller than the diameter of the Run (Header) Pipe
Barred Tee: A barred tee which is also known as a scrapper tee is used in pipelines that are pigged. The branch of the tee has a restriction bar welded internally to prevent the pig or scrapper to enter the branch. The bars are welded in the branch in a way that it will allow restriction free passage of the pig from the run pipe.
Wye Tee / Lateral: It is a type of Tee which has the branch at a 45° angle, or an angle other than 90°. Wye tee allows one pipe to be joined to another at a 45° angle. This type of tee reduces friction and turbulence that could hamper the flow. Wye tee is also known as a lateral.
What type of plumbing pipe is best?
Many companies today are manufacturing all kinds of construction pipes and fittings. After extensive research, experts consider the best type of pipes used in buildings to be PVC fittings. Now to open the debate technically, we will show in a few paragraphs how such a theory was formed;
- UPVC or pulica plumping pipes are highly corrosion resistant. That is, electrochemical interactions do not occur, and neither acid nor salt can interfere with their internal surface;
- The pulica plumping pipe is resistant to almost any chemical in a residential home and a range of industrial chemicals up to one hundred and forty degrees Fahrenheit;
- The weight and manner of transport of sewage pipes is usually difficult. But pulica pipes solves this problem and can easily be made available on any project site;
- Impact Resistance and Stress Resistance to other stresses is a unique feature that makes the pulica plumping pipe the first candidate for use in wastewater.
- Heat insulation along with low coefficient of friction are both important considerations;
- we should point out that water quality and internal fluid quality do not change in pulica pipes and plumping.
What size water pipe should I use?
we can say that in most cases, the main pipeline from the street residential homes is either 3/4 or 1 inch in diameter, supply branches use 3/4-inch-diameter pipe, and pipes for individual components are 1/2 inch. … For ideal water pressure to second- and third-story fixtures, you might need a larger pipe. if you need you can purchase reducing tee pipe fitting to adjust them. conserving water is an admirable goal, and by running narrower PEX lines to some fixtures, you can reduce wasted water — but not all fixtures benefit from narrower lines. Most homeowners aren’t willing to wait 15 minutes to fill their bathtubs, so running a minimum 1/2-inch line to the tub is a good idea. Other fixtures that benefit from 1/2-inch lines are washing machines and dishwashers. Sinks and showers are water guzzlers, and you can conserve by running 3/8-inch lines to them. Because the rate at which a commode tank refills is usually not important, it’s okay to run 3/8-inch line there as well.
Which pipe is best for plumbing in India?
In the recent years, we have seen a great boom in the development projects across India, some of the development projects are based on the government based sector and the other ranges in the private sector. PVC pipes are available in the market as different segment, the usage of these pipes ranges in many fields. Some of the main usage of these pipes are in agricultural fields, household pipes to carry water from tanks to flats. The pipe segment of market in India has great standing at International level as these PVC Pipe manufacturers exports large share of their production in International market, the ISO mark as the tag of pipes act as guarantee to offer best available product. The field is not much advertised on television or through different gateways, so there is no clear information about the best choice available in the market. if you search in the internet sites you can find a list of top PVC pipe fitting brand manufacturers available in India and the choice is based on the usage of these pipes in long term businesses and their durability with best in range.
What is gray PVC pipe used for?
Dry PVC sewer pipes are produced in two kinds of low pressure and high pressure. low pressure in two color of gray and blue and high pressure in gray color. The use of low pressure PVC pipes in rainwater ventilation and connection for rainwater is the balconies and toilet connecting pipes, but the use of high pressure PVC pipes in building sewer systems as vertical collectors and main sewer drainage pipes. Another material popular for the modern plumbing system pipe, PVC is a white or grey pipe used for high-pressure water, most commonly the main supply line into the house. It isn’t as flexible as PEX, making it less appropriate for smaller interior spaces. Its tendency to warp at high temperatures means it shouldn’t be used to carry water hotter than 140 degrees. That makes it inapplicable for kitchen drains, where hot water from cooking or the dishwater could damage the pipe. Certain versions of PVC, in particular pipes rated DWV (drainage, waste and vent), may leach chemicals and shouldn’t be used for drinking water. Grey polybutylene (PB) is another type of plastic pipe material that may still be found in some homes. Because PB tends to split and leak, it’s rarely used in new installations. Old PB pipes can be replaced with a more reliable material, such as PEX or CPVC.
Different kinds of pipes and their export detail in Asia
For plumbing and water supply, some of the commonly used and best pipes are as under:
- Cast iron Pipe: Cast Iron pipe is widely used for city water-distribution systems because of its high resistance to corrosion and consequent long life. Cast iron pipe is made from pig iron. Such pipes are normally made from 5 cm to 120 cm in diameter. Under normal conditions, a cast iron pipe can be expected to last 100 years.
- Galvanized Iron Pipe (G.I): G.I pipes are made of mild steel sheet. Its length-wise joint is Welded Seam Type. G.I pipe is used to supply water, gas or any other liquid inside the building. These types of pipes are prepared from 12 mm ( 0.5 inches) to 15 cm ( 6 inches) in diameter. They are available in 6 meters ( 20 feet) length.
- Wrought Iron Pipe: These types of pipes are like G. I. Pipes. They are also used to carry water, gas or certain other liquid from one place to another. The only difference between wrought iron pipe and G.I is that wrought iron pipes are prepared by welding wrought iron sheet. In addition, seamless pipes are also made. The weight of such pipe is less. Cutting, threading, and bending of this pipe is quite easy.
- Steel Pipe: Steel pipes are used to carry water, gas or certain other liquid from
one place to the other under pressure. These pipes are made from steel sheets. Small pipes have welded joint along the length which is not visible. Large pipes have riveted joint or welded joint. After
making such pipes, they are dipped in Zinc solution. This action is
called Galvanizing and is used to prevent the pipe from rusting. The
average age of such pipes is from 25 years to 50 years.
- Copper Pipe: Copper pipes are made of small diameter. Since copper does not admit rust, so these pipes are durable. However, as copper is costly, therefore, they are used in limited places. These types of pipes are generally used to carry hot water or steam. They do not bend or sag even at high temperature.
Nowadays in the continent of Asia different countries are active in the production of different types of pipes, which is one of the lucrative businesses in the market. One of the main and major manufacturers of pipes in China, which produces different types of pipes and exports them to different countries.
Which pipes and fittings are the strongest?
All type of pipes for example PVC pipe tensile strength can be measured by hanging weight from the pipe until it bends or cracks. As you can see from the chart to the right, tensile strength of PVC pipe increases as the size of the pipe increases. 8″ PVC pipe of either schedule is extremely strong for how inexpensive it is.
It is noteworthy that certain types of pipe fittings available in the market have defined standards such as: A234 This standard covers for seamless and seamless pipe fittings of carbon steel and alloy steels made of iron, The A420 covers this standard for low-temperature carbon steel and alloy pipe fittings, A403 This standard is for pipe fittings with austenitic stainless steel. also it is mentionable that a coupling pipe is a very short length of pipe or tube, with a socket at one or both ends that allows two pipes or tubes to be joined, welded, brazed or soldered together.